Camping is full of fun, but because it is far away from the community and camping in the wild, we must make full preparation before departure and travel with experienced people. We have all kinds of troubles when camping out. Now let’s talk about poisoning. There are two common poisoning ways in outdoor: one is poisonous animals and plants, another is food poisoning.
1.Poisonous animals and plants
When hiking or walking, campers should always wear boots, trousers and long sleeve shirts.More common poisonous animals: wasps, poisonous snakes, all kinds of small poisonous insects.
When our skin is damaged by the venom of these animals,the skin will cause skin redness, swelling and burning pain. In severe cases, in addition to local skin damage, there will be different degrees of systemic symptoms.if you are exposed to these two kinds of venom, wash your skin with soapy water as soon as possible, and then apply calamine menthol lotion. If there is obvious redness or erosion, 1% alum solution or 1:500 potassium permanganate solution can be used for cold compress. If there are pustules or secondary infection, anti infection treatment should be carried out.
The three most common poisonous plants are poisonous vine, poisonous oak and poisonous lacquer tree. Slight contact can cause itching. And itching scratch skin exudation of rash fluid, it is easy to spread on the skin, and infect other skin. To avoid this, it is best to clean the affected area with topical alcohol or plenty of water (if no alcohol).
As an emergency measure in the forest, orange leaves (or yellow flowering impatiens) can be crushed and rubbed on inflamed skin. Use calamine lotion to relieve itching and avoid scratching as much as possible. Avoid using hot water on skin with dermatitis and wash worn clothes as soon as possible.
Please walk on the designated path and walk in the middle of the trail to avoid trampling on the roadside plants. Many grasses and subalpine plants are extremely sensitive to foot. If you have to take a risk, choose the most durable and durable surface to walk on (such as rock, gravel or snow).
Contaminated food can cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Food poisoning can be solved by the body itself within 24 hours without treatment. Drink plenty of liquid (drink water within 12 hours, then add juice, soup, etc.).
The following points should be noted: wash hands thoroughly before taking food; avoid eating half cooked food; cook meat immediately after thawing without refreezing; eat immediately after cooking; avoid eating foods that nourish bacteria (such as custard, mayonnaise, cream cake, sausage, etc.).
Natural water resources such as river water or spring water should be treated before drinking. Even the most clear water can have problems! Boil for at least 3 minutes and remove water tablets for chemical treatment of drinking water.